Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today's Word . . . Gratitude

Today, in of all places, the Dollar Store, I mindlessly thumbed through a book, and read something along the line of living by purposeful gratitude/thankfulness.  There is so much in my life to be grateful for. My dear son Josh came for a visit after we had missed each other in passing over the past 13 years. We moved to Oregon from California only after all the boys from my first marriage were at least 18.  I wanted them to feel free to come with us, but none did. Months turn into years, thoughts turn to the immediate goals of building dreams and holding down jobs, lives slip through the years.  I am so thankful for this visit.


Josh, Jessie, Me, Chris




While Josh was here, he helped us stack some wood






 and to my dear hubby's delight, helped fill sand bags and reinforce the shooting range. 








Josh left for California today by Greyhound, 




so when I got home, I wanted to document his efforts on the barrier wall and was drawn to taking pictures all around the home, I am grateful for the blessings I've been awarded. Come take a walk around the porch.  You can see a lot from here.



Boots from yard work, Jessie in her room

Jessie's practice hoop, tonight's bbq 

The vegetable garden's promise of spring ~ 
the gazebo to rest from the garden's work

late season hummingbird, chickadee blending in


the memorial and the neighbor's horses that grace our view


Lots of places to pass a lazy afternoon . . .


Grab a rocker, watch the sun as it leads us into evening, grab a hunk of wood on your way in . . . it's getting chilly out here.  As always,


Thanks for coming by,

Dora






No comments:

Post a Comment