Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Bead Soup Blog Party participants have been chosen . . .

. . . and I'm not one of them.  But, Lori Anderson, originator of this extremely popular event had a great suggestion for us also rans.  On the reveal day of March 3rd, we can show our own creations, inspired by the challenge, but on our own sites.  Then, we go visit the actual partiers and comment on their work.  "Genuine comments" not "nice necklace, now come see mine". With genuine comments, partiers are likely to come and check us out and see our work, thus driving visitors to our sites.  What a genius idea Lori!  But it came at the cost of a sleepless night for Lori, worrying about the rest of us.  In the same unofficial challenge, we are encouraged to do something out of our comfort zone, using beads and focals we don't remember why we bought in the first place.  


This weekend, I took several focals to the Oregon coast with me and bought some new beads to go with them.  I enjoyed this bead hunt. And after I learned I wasn't officially in the party, I got to work on one of my necklaces.  Here's what I've got so far:


The focal and the planned accompanying beads

Almost finished, just needs a clasp

Here's a couple of other groupings I've got planned:




Come back soon and see how they turn out.

Thanks for visiting me today.

Dora

2 comments:

  1. Those look like great groupings -- and I'm so sorry about not being in. Next time, I've figured out (I think!) how to include everybody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, I value your opinion. I look forward to the next party and I'm glad you've figured it out (maybe) =)

      Delete