Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A burst of creative energy . . .

I had planned to be here much quicker than this, good grief, it's already the 3rd. =)  But I stumbled upon this tutorial by Trish Hodgens .  As a young girl, I was always in awe of the Easter egg my neighbor, Linda always got.  It was made of sugar, laced in frosting, but best of all, it had a tiny little scene inside. That's what imprinted on my mind when I saw the pic on the tutorial.  I bought it around Dec. 7, but due to the business of the season, the printout sat untouched, unnoticed for days.  But it was still percolating in the back of my mind.

A new year brings new hope, new vision. I haven't been working in clay. At all. This is only about the third or fourth time I've made anything.  Why did I think I could just DO this?  Idk. It has been a relaxing time, and has spurred my imagination to expand the uses of this developing skill. Very good therapy for a tender time in my life.


So, here are my pretties, thanks to Trish Hodgens at Poly Clay Play



Thanks for coming by today.  


Dora

Also see my steampunk jewelry and paper doll fairies over at Etsy.





No comments:

Post a Comment