Thursday, January 5, 2012

Why Words to Live By?

During my surfing the cyber Book of Knowledge, Google, I came across the idea that if I make an effort to view events in ways that will always be for my greater good, I will "deepen into my (your) own intuition".  Actively testing personal expression of words like "compassion, respect, kindness, listen, create" ~ I could truly find words to live by. Sound like a lot of Kumbaya?  Well let me segue that into craft and healthy living practice.


When I distilled this information, I wanted to make these preferred actions to become part of my unconscious as well as my conscious mind.  I have a large room to do my Nia work, and the walls are bare.  Why not print out those words in beautiful lettering, frame them and put them on all the walls?  So, while I'm dancing in Nia ecstasy I will subconsciously be seeing those beautiful words.  Crazy, huh?  I like it.


Well here's a couple I came up with on short notice:








But I had to do one more thing with these beautiful letters.  A small memorial tribute to my Aunt Frances, who passed away at home, in her sleep, this past Tuesday.




On the diet side of life, I have been faithfully putting in all my food intake at Calorie Count even though I am not following a diet per se . . . yet.  I am learning what makes a difference, taking it slow, learning it well.  Yes, I've been here before, but this time I'm going to get it right!  I also am in a weight loss challenge at 3 Fat Chicks where I'm on the blue team (Go Blue!!!)  Even though my approach is not the same gung ho as many of the girls, I'm confident that if I take my time and keep on keepin' on . . .


Tonight, late, when I would normally eat ice-cream (and dear hubby was having pie AND ice cream, I had some ZOI Greek Yogurt, Honey flavor.  I wouldn't eat if he wasn't eating, and I ate small bites and savored it.  It is truly delicious and minorly nutritious, so it qualifies on my personal "diet".  Out of this exercise, I am asking myself if it wouldn't be in my best interest not to ever eat alone (unless absolutely necessary)?  That's what puts on the pounds.  Late night in front of the computer, alone in my office/craft room, with no one watching . . . I mindlessly snack.  So, no alone eating is my short term goal.


One of the next healthy things I'd like to do is to start going to bed at a "normal" time.  Right now it is 3:33am.  My normal bedtime is 4-5am.  Not good for my adrenals, so . . . a gradual returning to closer to midnight would work, I believe.  Good night.


Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment