Monday, January 23, 2012

I wish I could show you . . .

Yes, I wish I could show you the cute little accordion booklet I made for the challenge put up by Sandy Babbs over at Quill Cottage.  But . . . the "show" date isn't until Monday Jan. 31.  So . . .I'll just show the cover, but more importantly, at least for me . . . the words.  I  mean, this IS Words to Live By . . . so . . .


Here's the cover




and the words


Take Time To Dream


In dreams ~ I am a little girl again, innocent, trusting, hopeful.


I believe I can do anything.  Nothing is too silly, too odd to try.


Not even tying a ribbon around a bird, expecting to be lifted up with him as he takes off in flight.


On his wings, I see the earth below, I feel so free.  Anything is possible . . . in my dreams.


I am learning to live my dreams, grabbing creativity around the neck,


looking down on the walls of doubt and fear I had built around me.  From here they seem so small.


And the more I dream, the more I see of that little girl . . . 


. . . running barefoot through fields of light, innocent, trusting, hopeful.


Come fly with me. . .




These words have more meaning to me than simply pages in a booklet to join a challenge.  I had a session with a biofeedback practitioner and one of the areas that showed up as a past problem that needed clearing was as a 3 year old girl.  When I tried to do as instructed, to let that 3 year old me feel safe, to comfort her, I couldn't do it.  Other areas that needed clearing were more successful, but this one . . . I don't know why, but I was at a loss.  Surprisingly, I began to weep. Then this challenge came up, and as many things have been on my journey to spiritual health, just at the perfect time.


Something about it grabbed me and I started working on it right away.  Though Sandy posted the challenge on Jan. 8th, I didn't find it and respond to it until Jan. 13. I saw the biofeedback gal Jan. 18th and finished the booklet by Jan. 22.  It's something I've never done before, first of all join a challenge and second, make a booklet. It all just . . . happened.  And whether or not I win the challenge . . . I have simultaneously gone back to meet the little girl in me and I've grown more into the woman I want to be.  That's what I call a real win.  


Come back later Monday to see the inside of my life-affirming booklet.  I just can't wait to share it with you.


Thanks for coming by,


Dora

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a tease!!! I cannot wait to see your book, it looks amazing. I am so glad you will be joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete