Saturday, January 14, 2012

Portions for my proportions

Well, before all the buzz over being the biggest craft hoarder, I was doing something sensible.  I was dividing into portions foods, that left to my own devices, would end up being snacked up within a few days.  The main two items are Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats and my Kirkland (Costco) Calcium Chews. Both are very tasty, and very easy to just keep on munching.


I know, it sounds rudimentary.  But as much as I've heard it before, I've never done it.  And it has helped tremendously.  Here's a picture of my portions:



And, I had finished this necklace:




And somewhere in there we had company over for a prime rib dinner that was to die for.  The best I have EVER eaten! This came as a surprise because I had tried something new for me, I cooked it in the Showtime rotisserie countertop oven.  I learned the use of the sear feature and it came out perfect. For those of you interested: An 8 pound rib eye roast, stabbed with garlic, sear for 25 minutes, rotisserie for 1 hour and 10 minutes for a very pink center.  We were so excited to try it, I forgot to take an after picture until it was too cooled off to look good.  Guess we'll just have to try that recipe again . . . soon.





Well, this portion didn't help my proportions . . . the the prepackaged portions will.  So far I have lost 7 lbs.  My mind is supporting me in being kind to myself in only eating what is good for my body, this temple of light.


Talk to you soon,


Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment