Saturday, January 7, 2012

I used up my bandwidth!

Today was a peaceful day, perusing other sites, reading Etsy articles . . . buying stuff!  Today I got hung up at CoolScrapsDigital where I bought seven digital design packages, bundles, megas . . .I browsed so long that Hughesnet slowed down my bandwidth!!!  And that was before I started downloading the 33 files that make up my purchase.  Oh the details, what a bother.


I'm very happy with my purchases and I'll include some in this post with credits. I also had a little time for jewelry! And in perfect timing, Lori Anderson over at Pretty Things joined my blog and invited me to sign up for the 5th Bead Soup Blog Party.  If you like to bead, go on over there and check it out, but hurry, the sign ups are only from Jan. 7-9. I did! (But hold Ctrl when you click on Pretty Things so you can finish up here =)  .)


Also had some time to set a direction for making jewelry this year.  I still will make steampunk pieces, but in finishing up a couple of other styles, I see some possibilities there. Which ties into the Etsy article that I enjoyed today. After watching the video, I clicked on a link in the second paragraph that led to another article on photography.  This was before and after photos, not of the same thing necessarily, but by the same artisan. Perhaps needless to say, their photos have greatly improved.  I say all this to say, the photos of my work today are just for friend to friend sharing here, so . . . be kind.


One is a poppy jasper donut with matching round beads and silver colored spacers, the other a Victorian style filigree focal with charcoal and black glass beads and additional silver colored filigree accents.



I enjoyed the poppy jasper one quite a lot, so you may see more of this style at my Etsy store.  And after looking at Lori Anderson's site, I see I have a l-o-o-o-ng way to go with my skill level.  But that's exactly what Julia Cameron's, The Artist's Way will help me with.  The second chapter, Recovering a Sense of Identity starts, "This week addresses self-definition as a major component of creative recovery." She goes on to say:

"Creativity flourishes when we have a sense of safety and self-acceptance.   Your artist, like a small child, is happiest when feeling a sense of security. . .  Not surprisingly, the most poisonous playmates for us as recovering creatives are people whose creativity is still blocked.  Our recovery threatens them."

So, getting exposure to someone like Lori, whose creativity has bloomed and continues to blossom, will certainly will not be threatened by me.  I can learn from her, and move forward finding my "self definition".  It's exciting to consider where this will take me.

To get these quotes from The Artist's Way, I had to go to my "altar".  So called by Marianne Williamson as representative of the sacred.  My journal should always return there, my books, items that remind me of the sacred in my life, which these pictures will identify.


 The journal page, D, beads and flourish were from CoolScrapsDigital, the artist is EMS Arts and the designer kit is called Delilah.  I told you I'd get some in here, and I'm STILL downloading them, I'll have plenty to share in the days to come.  Here's the list I'm working down while I put today's blog together:


As to my diet today, I've done pretty well.  With so much creative time on my hands, I wasn't reaching for something else to fill that void.  I am satisfied in body, mind and spirit.  Each have received plenty of sustenance today and I'm feeling great!  

No exercise yet, but I am a slow starter yet a long burner.  Once my fire is lit, it's hard to put out.  So, I am patient with myself and expect Nia will be coursing through my awareness any day now . . .


If I could only get to bed earlier . . . but then when would I download?

Good morning,

Dora



No comments:

Post a Comment