Saturday, January 14, 2012

I have returned from the abyss!!!

CRAFTSU Social Network sent me an email on January 11, announcing that a "major television production company is casting extreme crafting enthusiasts for a new major television series".  I was invited to send some photos of my crafts, my workspace and myself, along with a phone number, to them.


So. . . . for the past 3 days I have probably been doing just what I shouldn't have.  I cleaned up my craft areas.  I don't know about you other crafters out there, but once I get into my major craft area I am swallowed whole, never to be seen for hours at a time.  But I persevered, despite ruining my chances for being the biggest craft hoarder, and TOTALLY cleaned and organized my humble room. I say humble because my shelves consist of milk crates, nut cans and 6 x 8" cutoffs supporting a mismatched batch of boards and plywood. Quite shabby, not so chic. Take a look:




That's the major craft room, here is the jewelry area in my 10 x 6 office, which also houses 3 computers, 2 printers, 2 large rolling file cabinets, a small desk as well as built in desk all around.  My desk chair can only roll about 18" in any direction without hitting one of the work areas.






Then, there's the alternate kitchen table where I make my clay snowball ornaments, and the downstairs kitchen where I store completed items ready to be shipped when sold in my Etsy store:







Then, there was the assemblage of photos to show some of my work.  Using Publisher then Photoshop Elements, I spent considerable time finding, arranging, cropping and correcting enough pictures to show the range of things I make.  I crafted ;) a letter of interest, then included these photos.  There's a bunch of 'em, so sit back, relax and come into my crafting world.








Then there was the fine print.  I read that the age group they were looking for was 18-50.  I may feel 50, or even less, but I'm not. I've got a really clean house though, and my craft rooms . . . ready for the next project.  Next blog . . . how's the eating plan going?

Thanks for visiting,

Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment